- Of a subscription: An existing subscription is active if it is ready to accept webhook deliveries. Contrast with inactive. A subscription in this state may transaction to inactive at any time.
- Of a subscription: Does the subscription apply to some piece of data, including permission checks? Only active subscriptions should be applicable.
A customization point for a subscription. A dialect is used to create and populate the HTTP request.
- Of an object: Written out in a format suitable for use in an
HTTP REST API, such as JSON, using
- Of a subscription: An existing subscription is inactive if webhook deliviries will no longer be attempted to it. It may transition back to active at any time.
A target to which webhooks will be delivered.
In addition to capturing the target URL and HTTP method to use, a subscription knows the dialect to use, along with the security restrictions to apply. It also has a delivery history.
- Of a subscription: The URL to which the HTTP request is sent.
zope.interface.interfaces.IObjectEvent, when notified through
zope.event.notify()may trigger a matching subscription to attempt a delivery.